Rochester Restaurants Are Battling for Blood
The battle is on! A few Rochester restaurants are asking you to roll up your sleeves and do some good for the community. Yeah, they need your blood.
Rally of the Restaurants is a fun challenge happening in Rochester from February 3rd to April 30th. According to a press release from Mayo Clinic, Smoak BBQ, and partner establishments, The Loop and Five West Kitchen + Bar; Chester's Kitchen & Bar, Terza Ristorante, Pescara Fresh Seafood Restaurant; and Newt's will all be participating in the challenge.
“The Rally of the Restaurants Blood Donation Challenge is a way that blood donors can help provide a much-needed, life-giving resource that is not available by any other means. Not only do the blood donations help save the lives of our patients, but they will also help to show support for a favorite restaurant during the challenge." - Camille van Buskirk, M.D., medical director of Mayo's Blood Donor Program
Are you up for the challenge? It's super easy! Here's what you need to do:
- Anyone who is 16 or older can donate!
- Go to one of two donation sites at Mayo Clinic in Rochester: Hilton Building, first floor, and Joseph Building, main floor, M-86.
- Check-in at the front desk at one of the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center locations and tell them which restaurant you are wanting to help.
- The restaurant that has the highest amount of donation points wins bragging rights and a plaque.
- Question about donating blood? Learn more at Mayo Clinic's Blood Donor Program.