UPDATE: Monday’s 911 Outage in SE Minnesota Lasted One Hour
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Most of southern Minnesota was without 911 service for about an hour Monday.
And the outage also affected some other states.
According to the Rochester Police Dept, “The outage began shortly after 6pm and affected numerous dispatch centers including centers in Minnesota, Indiana, Colorado and Arizona.” RPD says the emergency telephone service was restored around 7:00PM.
RPD says service provider Lumen (previously CenturyLink) is actively investigating the cause of the outage.
Southeast Minnesota also lost 911 service for three hours in January. During the outage, there were 370 missed 911 calls. At the time, the Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office said “CenturyLink believes the problem was due to a disruption involving a 911 router in Rochester but the cause of the disruption has not been identified.”
That outage affected nine counties in southeastern Minnesota, including Olmsted. CenturyLink is in the fourth year of a $29.5 million five year contract to provide 911 services to just over 100 Minnesota dispatch centers.
MUST SEE: Carrie Underwood's Post-'American Idol' House Is So Beautiful!