Rochester’s Barlow Plaza Sold With Over $20 Million Price Tag
Sold to Glen Una Management Company, from San Francisco, the Barlow Plaza, along Civic Center Drive, is 40 years old and once was anchored by Barlow Foods (We do food right, Barlows...). Glen Una owns a ton of real estate, most of it grocery store shopping centers in big cities. like Chicago and Dallas.
Fun Barlow Plaza Facts -
- The HyVee Grocery Store was Barlow Foods until 1997. The sale price gained by Steve Barlow and his sister, Cathy Mestad, was not disclosed.
- Steve Barlow owned the shopping center until 2017, when he sold it to United Properties for almost $17 Million.
- Stephen B. Barlow, Steve's dad, opened Barlow Foods in 1969. It was Rochester's largest grocery store.
- In 1981 The Barlow Plaza Shopping Center was built.
- When Stephen B's son Steve took over control of the business, he did a major expansion 1990, which again made it the largest grocery store in town.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Listen to James Rabe and Jessica Williams 6a to 10a on Y-105 FM's Early Morning Show.
A while back we unearthed a brochure for deli party options...you'll love it!
Yummo Party Foods from 1970's Rochester Grocery Store!
The Rochesterfest Karaoke Extravaganza is Thursday evening. Maybe win a prize with one of these songs...