Reconstruction of 6th Ave NW and 4th St WW Changes Start Date
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) – The reconstruction of 6th Avenue NW and 4th Street NW was originally scheduled to begin on Monday, July 22nd, will now start on Wednesday, July 24th, 2019.
Traffic impacts during phase one of the project include:
- Sidewalks within active construction zones will be intermittently closed.
- 6th Avenue NW will be completely closed from the 6th Street NW intersection to the railroad tracks.
- 6th Avenue NW will be completely closed from Civic Center Drive to 4th Street NW.
- 4th Street NW will be completely closed from 7th Avenue NW to 6th Avenue NW
Rochester Public Transit (RPT) impacts during Phase 1 of the project:
- Construction will cause Rochester Public Transit Routes 11 and 26 to detour around construction using 3rd and 4th Avenues NW. Bus stops normally on 6th Avenue NW are being relocated east to 3rd Avenue for northbound trips and 4th Avenue for southbound trips
Phase one of the project is expected to last until September 7th, 2019. Phases two and three will begin upon the completion of phase one and are expected to be finished by mid-November 2019.
The project is a complete street reconstruction that includes replacements of water mains, storm sewers, and sanitary sewers. The streets in the project area will be resurfaced and defective sidewalk panels will be replaced, and access to all businesses and residences will be maintained during the project.
The constructions costs associated with the project are estimated at $6.7M. Funding sources include special assessments, municipal State Aid Funds, State DMC Funds, sanitary sewer utility funds, and stormwater utility funds.
News update: Rochester Man Attacks Ex's Father With Shovel