Byron Home Destroyed After Fireworks Spark Fire
Byron, MN (KROC-AM News) - Spent fireworks are being blamed for a fire that destroyed a Byron family's home overnight.
Byron Fire Chief Matt Grant says the fireworks were not cooled down before they were disposed of and started a fire that was reported around midnight in the 800 block of 3rd Street Northeast. The fire chief says it appears the home is a total loss. A GoFundMe site has been set up to assist the family.
Firefighters from Byron and Kasson responded to the fire, along with Olmsted County Deputies. No injuries were reported.
One Person Dead After House Fire in St. Paul
10 Facts About 'Purple Rain' You Probably Did Not Know