5 Best Rochester Restaurants for Pie On National Pie Day (12/01)
If science has taught us anything, it's that two truths are super true on National (food) Days. Whatever the food is, it is calorie free on it's national day. And since today is National PIE Day, I say Yippee!
If you want pie tonight, you're probably wishing this was going to tell you in which Rochester restaurants you'll find the best pies in the area AND what to order. And it is...A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! So scroll slowly, welcome December, and eat happily for National Pie Day!
Who Has the Best Pies In Rochester, Minnesota (Mostly according to Yelp)
1. Grandma’s Kitchen - Their blueberry pie gets rave reviews. Get it by the piece, or whole.
2. Prescott's Grill - All hail their triple berry pie. I don't know that it's ALWAYS on at the restaurant, so check ahead. Also, they do lamb perfectly, and they have a pasta pie. Who doesn't love carbs?
3. Chester’s Kitchen and Bar - Try the Banana Cream Pie. It's...it's...watch and you'll see what it's.
4. Hollandberry Pannekoeken - Dutch Pot Pie - A bit of a cheat since it's not a desert pie, but its on the list! (What is a Dutch pot pie? Baked with a combination of vegetables, and chicken, ham and Mettwurst. Topped with homemade skin on mashed potatoes, and Smoked Gouda cheese." From their website.)
Tap to see Minnesota's Biggest Holiday Pet Peeves
5. The Half Barrel - Key Lime Pie
Honorable Mention: Jay's Place and Pie Shoppe
From the latest issue of Pie Monthly -
Jay's Place and Pie Shoppe, a real SE Minnesota gem, is off the beaten path...you have to be heading there to know it exists. Exclusive, you might say. Ask the Rochester police chief, he knows how to get there. Jay is the owner and sole pastry chef/cook, so don't expect a speedy pie-experience, but you will enjoy it. (Source)
On Thanksgiving, for instance, he did the normal pumpkin pie, but he put on a pecan pie that was to die for.
Also, with a three week notice, you can get an amazing French silk pie.
And the finest pie across this great nation, the Apple Pie, is to die for at Jay's.
PS - Jay is my brother in law. He doesn't really run a restaurant, but his food is so good he could! Not just pies, either. Short ribs...
and sticky buns!
OK...I'm done...for now.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
And Now For Something Completely Different...FOOD!
Find the year you were born and be amazed at what important food thing happened that year.
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born
Super Pie Day Bonus - The Taste Test of the Pie You Knew Wasn't Going To Be Good