You Need To Know This Rochester Public Schools ‘Back To School’ Immunization Information
Wanna make sure your kid isn't turned away on the first day of school? The quickest way for this to happen is to fail to update their immunizations.
For parents, this may be the busiest time of the year next to Christmas. Rochester Public Schools explains, "More than 17,500 Rochester Public School (RPS) students will soon be thinking about back-to-school preparation, including shopping for school supplies and scheduling meet-the-teacher dates." It's no secret that a lot is needed to prepare for the return to the school year. Don't forget to add "update immunizations" to that "to-do" list.
If you need extended hour to get this done, Rochester Public Schools has offered a few suggestions.
- Mayo Clinic
- Employee and Community Health (ECH) now offers nurse vaccine slots on evenings and weekends at all ECH family medicine and pediatric sites.
- In addition to the extended clinic hours, a Saturday vaccination clinic is available from 8 a.m. – noon on August 12 in the Baldwin building, third floor, to give parents and patients another option.
- Visit http://communityhealth.mayoclinic.org/locations for locations and clinic hours.
- Olmsted County Public Health
- Walk-in clinic hours are Monday – Friday 1-4:30 PM.
- Offering morning clinics Monday – Friday 8:30 – 11:30 AM the weeks of July 17-21, August 28-September 1, and on September 5-7.
- For individuals who have no insurance or are underinsured. Please call 507-328-7500 for more information.
Finally, be sure to actually submit the form in time! Hey, I forget this sort of thing all of the time! You have four options when it comes to completing this. You can submit by mail, e-mail, fax or hand deliver.