With Flu Season Upon Us, Here’s an Easy DIY Cough Syrup Recipe
Cold and Flu season is upon us... and it's BAD! Over the past month, even my house has been hit with the flu. With my daughter at daycare, we've learned that whatever's going around, we'll all eventually get. Such as life.
So my wife and I searched the internet this past weekend for some alternatives to help with everyone's nasty cough. After a few searches, we found an easy DIY Pineapple cough syrup on Pinterest. Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which is a natural anti-inflammatory. It has been proven to help with coughing and mucus. So we went with the Pineapple syrup!
Here's what you'll all need:
- One Pineapple (You’ll only need half of the Pineapple for the syrup)
- One small piece of Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed
Alright lets make it!
1. First cut up your pineapple. Again, you’ll only need to use half of it.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth.
3. Using a strainer, pour mixture into a glass bowl.
4. Once straining completed you can pour into a glass mason jar.
Voilà - Instant cough syrup! We're going to begin taking this stuff starting tonight so fingers crossed it does the trick. But it's also important to get a flu shot too! With this years strain particularly nasty, why take the chance?