Report Says Rochester Has Fewer Six-Figure Jobs Than Average
We'd probably all like to have a job that earns six figures, but a new report says it tougher to find one here in Rochester than in other cities.
When it comes to your salary, having a job where you earn six figures is a pretty decent goal to have these days. But living here in Minnesota's Med City, it might be tougher to achieve that goal.
That's the word from a new report by the gang over at Volusion that runs down the Cities With the Most Six-Figure Jobs. And, guess what? That's right, Rochester, Minnesota ISN'T on the list.
In fact, the report shows that not only aren't we on the list, we're actually BELOW average when it comes to cities with six-figure jobs. According to the Volusion report, 5.0 percent of workers in the Rochester metro area have jobs that typically pay six figures or more. And, that is significantly below the national rate of 6.7 percent.
If you want to live in the city where there are the MOST six-figure jobs, you'll want to start looking for a new gig in California: The San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara area tops the list of the metro region with the most jobs that will pay you six-figures.
Now, given the fact that Mayo Clinic is right here in Rochester, we DO have several occupations that will earn you that coveted six-figure salary, though. Check out some other data about Rochester the Volusion report uncovered (And you can check out the entire report HERE):
- Share of employment in six-figure occupations: 5.0%
- Percent change in six-figure employment (2015-2018): 6.0%
- Total employment in six-figure occupations: 140,850
- Median annual wage across all occupations: $42,630
- Most over-indexed six-figure occupation: Biomedical Engineers
- Highest-paying six-figure occupations: Anesthesiologists; Internists; Obstetricians and Gynecologists; Surgeons; Psychiatrists; Dentists
Listen to Curt St. John mornings from 6 to 10 a.m. on Quick Country 96.5
and afternoons from 2 to 6 p.m. on 103.9 The Doc