No Charges Filed in Brutal Beating of Rochester Woman
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The Rochester man who was arrested late Wednesday for allegedly beating a woman at her home earlier in the day has been released from custody without being charged.
Police arrested the 39-year-old man after a lengthy search at Gamehaven Park where he had reportedly threatened to kill himself. Police had been looking for the man after learning about the assault.
Interim Police Chief John Sherwin said Thursday that officers were told the woman had been beaten over a period of four hours and had bruises all over her body. Sherwin said the two had an earlier relationship.
Sherwin described the incident as a classic domestic abuse case because the victim feared talking to police about the beating. He said a relative of the victim was the one who contacted authorities to report the assault.
It’s not known if charges will be filed at a later date.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.