Minnesota State Fair Unveils New Brews & Bevs Menu For 2018
If you were to make a list of the top things you were excited to see and do at the Great Minnesota Get-Together, the food, rides and grand-stand would probably be in your Top 3 right... Well what about the drinks?
On Tuesday the Minnesota State Fair unveiled a list of 27 brand-new beverages that will premiere in 2018:
You read that correctly, 40! Now if you're in the camp that thinks "Beer should taste like beer", then many of these aren't for you. However for the rest of us who like to try new things, you can look forward to seeing new flavors like:
Cake’d Up Celebration Beer:
- This deep-fried cake-flavored beer is a lightly hopped ale featuring a distinct vanilla aroma with a sweet cake-like finish. 5.0% ABV. 20 IBUs. Brewed in North Mankato, Minn., by Mankato Brewery.
Caramel Corn Cream Ale:
- A generous amount of corn in the brewing process gives this beer a pleasant caramel flavor. Fermenting at a uniquely higher temperature also gives way to a harmony between the hops and light and toasty caramel malts. 5.4% ABV. 20 IBUs. Brewed in Minneapolis, Minn., by FINNEGANS Brew Co.
Funnel Cake Cream Ale:
- Reminiscent of a State Fair classic, this lightly hopped cream ale is bright and refreshing with a sweet finish. Flavors give the beer a taste of gooey dough with a crispy crust, apple pie filling and a dusting of powdered sugar. 4.7% ABV. Brewed in Milwaukee, Wis., by Lakefront Brewery.
Helles Ya, You Betcha:
- This light, refreshing Helles-style lager offers flavors of tangerine and fresh blood orange for a clean mouthfeel and a hint of sourdough crust. 4.2% ABV. Brewed in St. Paul, Minn., by Summit Brewing Co., proud sponsor of the International Bazaar Stage
- This hazy, northeastern-style IPA provides a fresh, juicy orange and grapefruit-like hop flavor. 6.7% ABV. 40 IBUs. Brewed in Minneapolis, Minn., by Surly Brewing Co.
The Shandlot Pink Lemon Shandy:
- This pink, lemony concoction is a classic summery brew infused with strawberries and hibiscus. 4.5% ABV. 15 IBUs. Brewed in Minneapolis, Minn., by Bauhaus Brew Labs.
If you'd like to see the rest of the list, including several delicious hold-overs from last year's fair and where they're all located on site, you can visit the Minnesota State Fair website HERE.