Microwave Fire Blamed for $10K in Damage to Rochester Business
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A fire in a microwave oven resulted in about $10,000 in damage from the fire, smoke, and water.
The Rochester Fire Department says six of its units responded just before 1 PM Saturday to a report of a fire in the Old Rooster Antique Store at 106 North Broadway. When they arrived at the scene, the firefighters found a person attempting to put out the fire in the microwave oven using a fire extinguisher.
The firefighters were able to put out the flames using a pressurized water can and contained the damage to the small room where the microwave was located. No injuries were reported.
News Update: Basement Fire Damages NW Rochester Home