Do you love live music? A huge event called a Hootenanny is happening on September 16th in Southeast Minnesota. Rumor is that some food trucks are showing up, some amazing live bands, and it is going to be a lil' bit of fun. Ok, a TON of fun!!!
Get Ready for the Party, Minnesota! The 4th Annual Hootenanny Happening on September 16th in Rochester, Minnesota.
I hear people asking all of the time what fun stuff is happening in the area. Well, we've got a great community calendar that lists a bunch of fun activities in the area. Check it out if you are looking for something fun. I wanted to give you a heads-up on one event that is being added...the 4th Annual Hootenanny in Rochester. If you love live music, food trucks, and fun, this is the spot to be on September 16th.
Everything You Need to Know About the 4th Annual Hootenanny Event at the History Center of Olmsted County
You'll want to clear your calendar for September 16th because you are in for a full day of fun! Just in case you've never experienced a Hootenanny, below are a few details of what to expect at the big party at the History Center of Olmsted County.
- WHEN: September 16, 2023
- TIME: 12 PM to 6 PM
- WHERE: History Center of Olmsted County (Get Directions Here) on the Historic George Stoppel Farmstead
- LIVE BANDS:
- 12:00 PM - Root River Jam
- 1:45 PM - Amanda Grace
- 3:20 PM - Becky Schlegel
- 5:00 PM - The RavensFire Band
- Between Set Music by Teresa Walter + Friends
- FOOD! - Forager Brewery, Taco Lab, and B&P's Kitchen
- ARTISAN MARKET: check out the local artists selling their hand-crafted items
- TOURS: walk around the History Center of Olmsted County and check out the historic farmstead including the newly preserved smokehouse, the banked barn, the house, and the hand-dug caves.
- $15 for Adult (ages 13+)
- $10 for History Center Members (ages 13+)
- FREE for kids 12 and under
- Buy tickets at the History Center of Olmsted County website here.
Why Should You Attend the Hootenanny at the History Center of Olmsted County?
Minnesota has always had a rich history of music. At the upcoming Hootenanny, you can experience great music where a family immigrated to Olmsted County. Folk music is closely related to family, traditions, and culture and all of those connect people. That is why YOU should attend the Hootenanny - to connect to the music, history, family, friends, and to the land.
Do you have an event coming up in Southeast Minnesota?
Every year, we help the community in a variety of ways from supporting local fundraisers, to running daily public service messages, to creating digital community campaigns and hosting events attended by thousands. Learn more about how Townsquare Media Cares here.
If you have an event coming up or work for a nonprofit in Southeast Minnesota, I'd love to learn more! Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio.