Fire Damages Rural Rochester Garage
Rochester, MN ( KROC AM News) - Rochester Fire Department crews were called to a rural residence Sunday to respond to a garage fire.
The call came in at 7:00 PM from 5604 Cambridge Hill PL SE in Marion Township.
Crews arrived to find the detached garage on fire with flames coming out of a side window. The fire was put out before it could spread to the house that was about 15 feet away.
RFD says there was “major fire and smoke damage to the structure. The preliminary damage estimate was $10,000.
Property owner Christopher Munn told investigators he had been grinding some metal steps in the garage earlier and suspects sparks flew into a nearby wood pile and started the fire.