Eight Places to go Snowshoeing in Minnesota
Ture Minnesotans tell you the only way to get through winter is to embrace the cold. That means getting outside and exploring what the great outdoors has to offer here in the land of ten thousand lakes. Many folks like to take their kiddos sledding. While others like to go snowshoeing.
Snowshoeing is a great workout and gets you to explore areas that you maybe haven't been to. It also gives you the opportunity to see the trails you may hike in the summer with snow on them. Here are seven places to go snowshoeing in Minnesota.
- Frontenac State Park- Rentals are available along with a variety of sceneries to check out.
- White Water State Park- Here you can also rent snowshoes. The park allows you to walk near rivers and other trails.
- Great River Bluff- There are multiple trails to choose from to see a variety of different sceneries.
- Mississippi River Gorge- You can walk along the Mississippi while checking out the city.
- Three Rivers Park District- Rentals are available here. There are so many different trails to chose from.
- Carpenter St. Croix Balley Nature Center - If you are looking for a night adventure, you can go on a moonlight snowshoeing adventure here.
These are just a few ideas of places to go snowshoeing this winter. If you really want to go on some fun snowshoe adventures, the DNR has a list of snowshoeing events happening around Minnesota. These events go through March and you can check them out here. Some are night adventures, while others are just guided tours.
Another idea for a snowshoeing adventure ... you can also check with your local golf course. Some of them will allow you to go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing during the winter. It's best that you check before you go, so you don't get in trouble for doing something that you aren't supposed to!
Hang Out With Paisley Dunn on Quick Country 96.5 Weekdays from 3 pm - 7 pm
Wake Up With Paisley Dunn on Kat Kountry 105 Weekdays from 6 am - 10 am