CAUTION: Fresh Del Monte Fruit, Snack Packs and More Part of Latest Recall in Minnesota
Just a few days ago, a huge recall of 45+ JIF peanut butter products were recalled throughout the U.S. including Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin due to Salmonella possibly contaminating the products. (If you missed that huge recall, click here for the latest.). Because of that voluntary recall by J.M. Smucker Co., another company, Fresh Del Monte, is also recalling several items nationwide because their products are packaged with JIF peanut butter.
Fresh Del Monte Recalling Multiple Products in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin Due to the Risk of Salmonella
According to the FDA, Fresh Del Monte is voluntarily recalling fresh-cut fruit and vegetable products that were packaged with ready-to-eat Jif peanut butter dip out of caution.
The products that are part of the nationwide Del Monte recall include the following brand name and descriptions:
- Del Monte Apples with Peanut Butter (5 ounce), Peanut Butter Snack Pack (4.25 ounce), Apples and Peanut Butter (6 ounce, and 5.5 ounce), and Sandwich with Peanut Butter Cup. (UPC codes and Best if used by dates below.)
- Del Monte Apple with Peanut Butter, 5.5 oz 717524102393 5/24/2022- 5/30/2022
- Del Monte Apples & Peanut Butter dip, 6 oz. 717524720979 5/24/2022 - 5/30/2022
- Del Monte Peanut Butter Snack Pack, 4.25 oz 717524784698 5/26/2022 - 05/29/2022
- Del Monte PB & J SANDWICH (Peanut Butter and Jelly), 6.4 oz 717524770806 5/24/2022 -5/28/2022
- Del Monte Apple, Pretzel, Peanut Butter Snack Pack, 4.25 oz 717524655011 5/24/2022 -5/29/2022
- 7-Eleven Peanut Butter Snack Pack, 4.25 oz 052548683146 5/24/2022 - 5/26/2022
- 7-Eleven Celery with Peanut Butter, 4.5 oz 052548682712 5/24/2022 -05/25/2022
- 7-Eleven Peanut Butter Snack Pack, 4.25 oz 52548683146 5/24/2022- 5/26/2022
- Circle-K Apple Pretzel Peanut Butter Snack Pack, 4.25 oz 717524716309 5/24/2022 -5/30/2022
- Get Go Apples with Peanut Butter Dip, 5 oz 0030034937706 5/26/2022- 5/29/2022
What to do if you have products that are part of the Del Monte Fresh voluntary recall
According to the FDA.gov information, if you have products that match, you should discard the products immediately.
If you have questions or need more information, you can contact the following:
- Customer Service at 305-520-8668 from Monday – Friday from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm ET.
- Email email@example.com,
- or visit https://delmontefresh.com/about-us/contact-us
More about Salmonella - the reason for the voluntary product recall by J.M. Smucker Co.
The FDA.gov website has indicated the following concerns about the organism salmonella:
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Take a whiff of these smells and you'll probably gag...or worse!
You know you are at a middle school because of the smell. Whew! Not sure what exactly happens but this is the stage when kids start to smell...in a bad way. Every middle school teacher and staff member deserve raises for working in that environment! That's just one smell that will make you gag a bit. Scroll below and check out a few of the others that will make you want to keep that mask on.