If You Have This Popular Cereal in Your Cupboard, Throw it Away
Back in June, Kellogg's Honey Smacks were recalled. Nearly 100 people had reported getting sick from the popular cereal. And I mean really sick - Salmonella. More than 30 of those people were hospitalized. Fast forward to today and they are back on our radars. Why? An additional 30 people (so far) have reported getting sick so they are extending the recall and recommending you throw away any Honey Smacks in your cupboard.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, although the cereal was recalled in June, some stores were still selling it anyway. Whaaaat?!
Do not eat Kellogg's Honey Smacks. The CDC says even if you've eaten it and didn't get sick, do not eat more. Throw it away OR return it to the store you purchased it from. The recall is requiring stores to remove the cereal from their shelves.
Salmonella can live and grow even on dry foods such as breakfast cereal. People usually get sick 12 hours to three days after they eat something contaminated. Symptoms include diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps.