8 Tips To Make ‘Northern Invasion’ Awesome
Whether you're staying for the whole weekend or enjoying only a day of the festival, there's some important things you'll want to know.
Last year, I learned some of this the hard way. This year, I'm prepared! Now, so are you.
I can promise that if you take advantage of these tips that I wish I would've employed last year, you'll be set to have an amazing time at Northern Invasion. Without further delay, here are my thoughts...
- Bring sun-tan lotion! I sound like a such a Mom here, but damnit I refuse to turn into a lobster again this year! Do yourself a favor and protect yourself from those evil rays.
- Pack light. Camping? Honestly, you're not going to spend too much time at your campsite anyway. Pack enough for a change of clothes, sleepwear, your hairbrush and toothbrush and you're good to go. You'll probably be buying merch you can wear anyway.
- No big purses. Ladies, I'll be honest here - you'll look like a bit of a douche if you walk around carrying a huge purse. The smaller the better for this event.
- Hoodies are your friend. Tie them around your waist while it's warm out, and you've got coverage at night too!
- Secure a ride if you're staying at a nearby hotel. You can do that here.
- Store your things in a locker if you don't want to carry them. Book one here.
- A map is your friend. Take a look at it and plan your day!
- There's plenty of food everywhere on site. Whether it's in the venue, or in the campground, I promise you'll find something to eat. The campground even has a general store.
Hope these tips help! Can any other veterans think of some other helpful info? Feel free to comment with it! I'm going to be there this weekend. Stop and say hi if you see me!
We could be in for a little bit of rain on Saturday, but otherwise, the weather looks great!
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on 107.7 Z-Rock.
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.