Contact Us
Make My Homepage

More Than 50 Dead, Over 500 Injured in Mass Shooting at Las Vegas Country Music Festival [Updated]

David Becker, Getty Images
David Becker, Getty Images

NOTE: This story will be continuously updated as more details come in.

Another unspeakable tragedy has shaken the music world to the core. Last night (Oct. 1), the largest mass shooting in modern U.S. history unfolded at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival in Las Vegas while star Jason Aldean was onstage in the midst of his headlining set.

As reported by CNN, the shooting began at 10:08PM PT as the suspect, 64-year-old gunman Stephan Paddock, opened fire on the concertgoers, positioned from a 32nd floor window of the Mandalay Bay hotel. The death toll has risen to 58 with more than 500 people taken to hospitals.

Paddock was shot and is now dead, but it remains unknown whether the gunshot wound was self-inflicted or from a third party. Lombardo initially said, “Right now, we believe it’s a sole actor, a lone-wolf-type actor,” though authorities have located Marilou Danley, the woman who they believe was traveling with Paddock.

After analyzing audio of the massacre, CNN law enforcement analyst James Gagliano stated, “Automatic weapon(s) like that — had to be numbers of magazines or a very large drum, it sounded to me like a belt-fed weapon, a military-style weapon and then to be shooting down, to use the analogy, it was like shooting fish in a barrel in that space.”

Reports indicate that ten weapons had been discovered in the assailant’s room, including long rifles.

Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval tweeted a message (seen below), which reads, “A tragic and heinous act of violence has shaken the Nevada family. Our prayers are with the victims and all affected by this act of cowardice.”

Aldean, who was performing while the violence broke out, is sage and posted a photographic overlook of Las Vegas with text across the image that reads “Pray for Las Vegas.” In his Instagram post (seen below), the country star said, “Tonight has been beyond horrific. I still don’t know what to say but wanted to let everyone know that me and my crew are safe. My Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved tonight. It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”

Loudwire extends its deepest condolences to all those affected by this horrible tragedy.

Worst Concert Tragedies and Mishaps

The Best of Z-Rock: The Rock of Rochester

Recommended for You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://therockofrochester.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Z-VIP quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Z-VIP contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.